To Our Patients and Their Families
All of us at Houston Dentists at Post Oak have been empathetically watching the events as they have evolved over the past month regarding the Coronavirus. Our number one priority has always been the health and safety of our patients.
Standard universal precautions help protect every patient and our team members from the many infectious diseases that we are potentially exposed to daily.
We will be operating with business as usual. We are proud of the many institutions that have instilled different cleaning protocols help prevent the spread of infection, but every health care facility is held to a higher standard.
After every patient interaction, every countertop, chair, etc. is wiped down with a powerful medical grade disinfectant, and every instrument is sterilized under sever heat and pressure .This occurs EVERY time you sit in the patient chair.
That said, we will be raising the standard beyond our typical protocol during this time period. We will be utilizing a higher standard of care in our nonclinical areas/interactions as well.
This is also occurring during the unfortunate time with allergies now picking up. Therefore, we will be taking temperatures on all patients as they enter and anyone with a temperature over 99.9 will be rescheduled at least 3 weeks later.
We do ask the following of our patients:
- If you or somebody in your household has a fever or any of the standard symptoms of a respiratory illness, PLEASE STAY AT HOME.
- Please stay home if you have been exposed to anybody who has been diagnosed with COVID-19.
- Please fill out New Patient forms on your computer prior to your visit to avoid less contact with forms and pens.
- Please arrive on time and NOT EARLY to your appointment to avoid sitting in the lobby.
- Please follow all hand washing protocols in place by the CDC.
- We are also asking if you have a cough, fever or chills, please call and reschedule your appointment.
- Instituting these higher standards will help aid in the health and safety for you and our entire team.
As always, we are honored to be a healthcare partner with each of you, and care about each of you.
We hope that this helps clarify how your interaction will be with our team. As with all of you, we hope this will pass quickly without much more impact on our community/state/country/world.
The Houston Dentists at Post Oak Team